!—- ShareThis BEGIN -—> <!—- ShareThis END -—>
Dhaka Chamber of Commerce & Industry (DCCI) and Canada Bangladesh Chamber of Commerce and Industry (CanCham Bangladesh) jointly organized a luncheon meeting to celebrate “The Achievement of 2 Billion Dollars in Bi-lateral Trade between Bangladesh & Canada in 2015” at DCCI Auditorium on Thursday, 19th May, 2016. His Excellency Mr. Benoit-Pieree Larmee, High Commissioner of Canada to Bangladesh has graced the occasion as the Chief Guest. Special Guest Mr. Masud Rahman, President, CanCham Bangladesh. DCCI President, Hossain Khaled, chaired the Seminar.
President of FICCI Rupali Chowdhury, Ambassador of the Philippines Vincent Vivencio T. Bandalio, Vice President of NORDIC Chamber of Commerce Roger Hubert, DCCI former Presidents MH Rahman, DCCI Vice President K. Atique-e-Rabbani, DCCI Directors Khandakar Abdul Muktadir, Mamun Akbar, Md. Alauddin Malik, Muktar Hossain Chowdhury, Riyadh Hossain and Secretary General AHM Rezaul Kabir were also present.
The following recommendations were come out after fruitful discussion:
1. Canada may support Bangladesh to establish training institute for skill development.
2. Import more skilled human resource from Bangladesh.
3. Joint collaboration in IT and ICT sector for mutual benefits.
4. Enhanced business-to-business linkage between small and medium enterprises in Canada and Bangladesh.
5. Bangladesh needs to focus on saving the environment in the production of textiles and garments.
6. Government needs to improve infrastructure in the country to facilitate trade and diversify exports to reduce overdependence on apparel items.
7. Instant of depending only on garments products we have the opportunity for other products also.
Published on: 2016-12-24